August 9, 2018 at 7:11 PM #43126GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Fairphone 2 (FP2) is now available to download. This is a step by step guide on how to install Official LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2.
This Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build is maintained by chrmhoffmann.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to chrmhoffmann and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for chrmhoffmann
Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Content structure:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Fairphone 2 LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
- TWRP recovery for Fairphone 2
– Here is the how to install TWRP for Fairphone 2. This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Fairphone 2.
- ROM Download link to install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2
- Install GApps on Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Fairphone 2 LINEAGEOS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are installing LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2 for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 15.1 GApps and Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the GApps for LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo GApps package).
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2 (FP2):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Fairphone 2.
If you have found any BUG on this Fairphone 2 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- TWRP recovery for Fairphone 2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.