July 23, 2018 at 2:19 PM #41042GuestModerator
If you are looking to install/update Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 Qualcomm variant, then it’s now available via an unofficial build. Earlier we had the Lineage OS 14.1 for Vega Iron 2 and this time we have the latest LineageOS 15.1.
This Android 8.1 Oreo based Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 (ef63) is brought to you by developer Chau Truong Thinh.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Tim Hallinger and Lineage OS project:
– No donation link found for Tim Hallinger
– Donate to LineageOS project
For other Android Oreo ROMs list you can check back the Android Oreo ROMs.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Vega Iron 2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 – Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Lineage OS 15.1 FOR Vega Iron 2; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
– Fresh LineageOS 15.1 installation guide
– LineageOS 15.1 update on top of previous LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Vega Iron 2 LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
- Install the Vega Iron 2 LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.- Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for Lineage OS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2 (ef63):
- Copy the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for Vega Iron 2.- Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2, then flash the GApps.- Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.- Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with Lineage OS 15.1 on Vega Iron 2. After the installation of Lineage OS 15.1 for Vega Iron 2 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.