August 8, 2018 at 12:16 AM #42862GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus, is now available to download and update via an unofficial build.
This LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus (evert) is brought to you by developer erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to erfanoabdi and LineageOS project:
- Donate to LineageOS project
- No donation link found for erfanoabdi
For other Android Oreo ROMs list you can check back the Android Oreo ROMs.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus – Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 15.1 FOR Moto G6 Plus; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
- Download and Copy the GApps and Moto G6 Plus LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus.- Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.- Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM- How to backup all data on your Android Device– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Moto G6 Plus LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.- Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus (evert):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Moto G6 Plus.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus, then flash the GApps.- Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.- Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G6 Plus.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus. After installing LineageOS 15.1 on Moto G6 Plus you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKAugust 12, 2018 at 5:40 PM #43608populusParticipant
successfully loaded your LineageOS ROM onto my Moto G6 Plus.
Since i want to build my own ROM i’ve visited your Github site and used the Device and TheMuppets tree. Still got a few question if you don’t mind to answer them.
-which kernel source did you use (MotorolaMobilityLLC ?)
-could you post your roomservice.xml file
PopulusAugust 12, 2018 at 7:52 PM #43638GuestModerator
I did not built that. It’s erfanoabdi.
What I see from his repo, below is the kernel tree used for this build:
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKAugust 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM #43782August 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM #44611thh68Member
I tried it, but it says:
“error applying update; 7 (Errorcode:: kInstallDeviceOpenError)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.