- November 4, 2019 at 6:52 AM #100870Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Jleeblanch.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G7 Plus, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL or may have many BUGs if it boots.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus requires an unlock bootloader on Moto G7 Plus, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Moto G7 Plus:
- ROM Download link of Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17
- Moto G7 Plus TWRP Download (lake) for this Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Moto G7 Plus and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Moto G7 Plus– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Choose wipe > Format Data and type yes. (This is necessary if you are coming from stock ROM or other ROM builds)
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, system partition (if it is available on your device).– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Flash the TWRP installer zip file.
- Reboot the phone and let the phone boot into system for once.
- Then reboot to TWRP again.
- Choose wipe > Format Data and type yes (again! Yeah you are doing this for second time)
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus (lake):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Moto G7 Plus.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Plus
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G7 Plus, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Moto G7 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Moto G7 Plus.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
Add-on links for Moto G7 Plus
After installing Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT
– Google Camera for Moto G7 Plus
– Google Camera APK download for all devicesIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G7 Plus (lake) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.