- October 16, 2019 at 4:22 PM #99807Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer LuK1337.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy Tab S5e, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e requires an TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S5e, which will trip the knox and VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported yet
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy Tab S5e:
- ROM Download Link | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 of Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17
- Galaxy Tab S5e TWRP Download (gts4lvwifi) for this Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Galaxy Tab S5e and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Galaxy Tab S5e– By now your phone must have TWRP recovery installed. If not, install a TWRP first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e (gts4lvwifi):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Galaxy Tab S5e.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Galaxy Tab S5e
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy Tab S5e, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy Tab S5e, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy Tab S5e.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Galaxy Tab S5e you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy Tab S5e LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Tab S5e (gts4lvwifi) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.