November 6, 2019 at 2:02 PM #100911sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S5 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Couchy.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Couchy and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Couchy
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– FingerprintKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux (kernel is permissive)
– Probably some more stuff
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy S5:
- ROM Download Link of Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17
- Galaxy S5 TWRP Download (klte) for this Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Galaxy S5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- Install the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5 (klte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Galaxy S5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S5, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy S5 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 (klte) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKNovember 23, 2019 at 5:24 PM #101694ZireaelParticipant
Thank you sibs\o.o/
would you have any love for klteduos variant? (dual sim version of klte). I guess you’re still putting in features (RIL issues you mentioned, I guess), but if you could look at putting in dual sim version of the modem etc.
Thank you!December 14, 2019 at 3:20 AM #102547SwiFtyMcVayParticipant
I have the Lineage OS 16 on Samsung S5 and just installed Lineage OS 17 but the mobile network on the Samsung S5 has a sim card and this build of OS 17 is saying (no sim card) no matter how many times installed so it make’s the mobile network uselessDecember 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM #103098dkdfcdzseyParticipant
Hi! Thanks for your post!
I’m completely new to custom mods, but I want to continue using an old Samsung s7 active (G891A) as the system becomes slow even after reset.
Wonder if this tutorial would also work for G891A?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.