- November 11, 2019 at 6:33 PM #101085Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17 on Galaxy A70 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Grarak.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy A70, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO SEE THE KNOWN ISSUES LIST AND BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE UPDATING TO THIS ROM. AND, KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70 requires an TWRP recovery on Galaxy A70, which may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– VoLTE/VoWifi not working
– Camera only shows up to 8MP
– NFC is enabled on all models, even on the ones without it
– Dualsim is enabled on all models, even on the ones without it
– Screen flickering when using fingerprint (That’s normal and how optical fingerprint sensors work. FBut that’s due to poor UI implementation from LineageOS)
– SELinux is permissive
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy A70:
- LineageOS 17 download for Galaxy A70 (15th November)
- LineageOS 17 download for Galaxy A70 (7th November)
- LineageOS 17 download for Galaxy A70 (25rd October)
- LineageOS 17 download for Galaxy A70 (23rd October)
- Galaxy A70 TWRP Download (a70q) for this Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70 for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Galaxy A70 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 ROM.– By now your phone must have TWRP recovery installed. If not, install a TWRP first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70 (a70q):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Galaxy A70.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Galaxy A70
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy A70 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy A70, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy A70, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy A70.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
Add-on links for Galaxy A70If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy A70 (a70q) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.