September 21, 2019 at 1:29 AM #98503
LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer #Rohan.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to #Rohan and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for #Rohan
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 4x:
- ROM Download link of Redmi 4x LineageOS 17
- Redmi 4x TWRP Download (santoni) for this Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 4x and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Redmi 4x
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x (santoni):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 4x LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 4x (santoni) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKSeptember 25, 2019 at 1:21 AM #9904310SadiqueParticipant
Is vendor wiping really needed for first time installation??September 25, 2019 at 11:49 AM #99061
Usually the Vendor partition holds the OEM data which does not have source code available in the Android source tree.
This Vendor data is used by the Android binders from the Android system when some code calls a hardware component.
With LineageOS 17 you are changing the System and hence it comes with the Vendor data in the ROM update package. At least this is the case with the LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x, I have personally verified the same.
So, in this case, wiping the vendor partition is ideally good to keep the ROM booting smoothly.
[su_note note_color="#F9D9D9" text_color="#AA4343" radius="3" class="" id=""]BEFORE WIPING ANYTHING, FIRST, KEEP A BACKUP OF EACH PARTITION.
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN WILL YOU NEED THIS![/su_note]
? GCam APK | Mod APKSeptember 25, 2019 at 6:40 PM #9906210SadiqueParticipant
I followed every of your instructions…… still got a bootloopSeptember 25, 2019 at 8:47 PM #99064October 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM #99544QjLaryParticipant
Hello, Is that ROM not working?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.