- September 21, 2019 at 1:29 AM #98503
LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer #Rohan.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to #Rohan and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for #Rohan
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 4x, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi 4x, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 4x:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x for the first time:
This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 4x and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Redmi 4x
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x (santoni):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 update.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Redmi 4x.
After installing Redmi 4x LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 4x (santoni) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:September 25, 2019 at 1:21 AM #9904310SadiqueParticipant
Is vendor wiping really needed for first time installation??September 25, 2019 at 11:49 AM #99061
Usually the Vendor partition holds the OEM data which does not have source code available in the Android source tree.
This Vendor data is used by the Android binders from the Android system when some code calls a hardware component.
With LineageOS 17 you are changing the System and hence it comes with the Vendor data in the ROM update package. At least this is the case with the LineageOS 17 for Redmi 4x, I have personally verified the same.
So, in this case, wiping the vendor partition is ideally good to keep the ROM booting smoothly.
BEFORE WIPING ANYTHING, FIRST, KEEP A BACKUP OF EACH PARTITION.
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN WILL YOU NEED THIS!September 25, 2019 at 6:40 PM #9906210SadiqueParticipant
I followed every of your instructions…… still got a bootloopSeptember 25, 2019 at 8:47 PM #99064October 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM #99544QjLaryParticipant
Hello, Is that ROM not working?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.