October 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM #99294sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer nicknitewolf.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 2:
- Recommended firmware to be installed before flashing this ROM.
- ROM Download link of Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 ( Updated on October 5th )
- Redmi 2 TWRP Download (wt88047) for this Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Download any GApps for ARM 32)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2 for the first time:
- Make sure your device is running on the recommended stock firmware. If not, download and update it.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.
- Install the Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2 (wt88047):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 2
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 2 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 2, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 2.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Redmi 2 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 2 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 2 (wt88047) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.