- September 24, 2019 at 1:17 AM #98732Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Google Pixel is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Google Pixel with a step-by-step guide. These LineageOS 17.1 and 17 build for Google Pixel are brought to you by developer razorloves.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to razorloves and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for razorloves
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Pixel, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Pixel requires an unlock bootloader on Pixel, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported yet
Where to download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Google Pixel?
The LineageOS 17 has been updated to the latest branch LineageOS 17.1. The Google Pixel LineageOS 17 build will most likely have an outdated security patch.
- – LineageOS 17.1 without GApps
– LineageOS 17.1 with GApps
– LineageOS 17
- Pixel TWRP Download (sailfish) for this Pixel LineageOS 17 ROM ( DOWNLOAD THIS TWRP, ONLY )
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Minimal GApps is included for now in the build. But this may be required for later builds)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
It is strongly recommended that you install the Google Pixel LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Pixel LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Pixel
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Pixel from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Google PixelThis ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Pixel and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Pixel LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Pixel– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Pixel LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Pixel.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Pixel (sailfish)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Pixel.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Pixel, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Pixel
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Pixel LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Pixel.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Pixel you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting
Where to Download Google Camera for Pixel LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel (sailfish) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- – LineageOS 17.1 without GApps
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.