- September 22, 2019 at 6:38 PM #98600Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Pixel XL is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Pixel XL with a step-by-step guide. These LineageOS 17.1 and 17 build for Pixel XL are brought to you by developer razorloves.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to razorloves and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for razorloves
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Pixel XL, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL requires an unlock bootloader on Pixel XL, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel XL LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported yet
Where to download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Pixel XL?
The LineageOS 17 has been updated to the latest branch LineageOS 17.1. The Pixel XL LineageOS 17 build will most likely have an outdated security patch.
- LineageOS 17.1 without GApps
LineageOS 17.1 with GApps
- Pixel XL TWRP Download (marlin) for this Pixel XL LineageOS 17 ROM ( DOWNLOAD THIS TWRP, ONLY )
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Minimal GApps is included for now in the build. But this may be required for later builds)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
It is strongly recommended that you install the Pixel XL LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel XL?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Pixel XL LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel XLThis ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Pixel XL and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Pixel XL LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Pixel XL– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Pixel XL LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Pixel XL (marlin)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Pixel XL.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Pixel XL
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Pixel XL LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel XL, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Pixel XL.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17 on Pixel XL you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for Pixel XL LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel XL (marlin) LineageOS for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- LineageOS 17.1 without GApps
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.