September 26, 2019 at 10:12 AM #99072sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Pixel 2 XL is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Pixel 2 XL with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Active Edge (support will not be added) (on LineageOS 17.1)
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 2 XL?
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 2 XL
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Pixel 2 XL and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Pixel 2 XL
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Pixel 2 XL (taimen)
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Pixel 2 XL.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel 2 XL (taimen) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.