- September 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM #99095
LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17.1 custom ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR OnePlus 3, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3 requires an unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 3 / 3T?
- ROM Download link LineageOS 17.1 Download
- ROM Download link LineageOS 17 Download
- OnePlus 3 TWRP Download (oneplus3) for this OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 3 / 3T?
Following are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17,1 on OnePlus 3 for the first time
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3 and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for OnePlus 3– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus 3 / 3T (oneplus3):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 3.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 3
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 3, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 3.
How to Root OnePlus 3 / 3T on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 3 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for OnePlus 3 LineageOS 17.1?
You can download a working APK port from this link of GCam for OnePlus 3 or 3T.
GCam 7.0 or later version of GCam are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download for all available devicesStay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus 3 (oneplus3) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSOctober 5, 2019 at 3:49 PM #99464RambaldiParticipant
The Download Link ist Down or it is not the right Link.October 8, 2019 at 10:29 PM #99557RambaldiParticipant
Here is the link to the LineageOS 17 folder for the OnePlus 3, it’s actually empty.October 27, 2019 at 1:48 AM #100464December 31, 2019 at 2:17 AM #103385gauravshahuParticipant
I have installed this rom and gapps on my oneplus 3t but my phone has gone on bootloop and unfortunately my previous official pie rom has been deleted with the backup… How can I fix this…Please help :((January 3, 2020 at 4:52 PM #103477
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.