- September 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM #99092Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer tarkzim.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR Mi Max, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max requires an unlock bootloader on Mi Max, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Bluetooth Headphone (Media / In-Call)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Double Tap to Wake
– Fingerprint Sensor
– IR Blaster
– RIL (LTE/Dual SIM/SMS)
– WiFi Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Video Playback
– ExFAT SDCardKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hardware Encryption
– SELinux is permissive
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR Mi Max:
- Latest firmware is required
- ROM Download link of Mi Max LineageOS 17.1
- Mi Max TWRP Download (hydrogen) for this Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1 (Download the nano GApps for LineageOS 17.1)
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Mi Max and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi Max– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max (hydrogen):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining LineageOS 17.1 Root
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi Max LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Max (hydrogen) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.