September 26, 2019 at 7:31 PM #99098sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Mi 8 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi 8 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi 8 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer infrag.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi 8 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Camera (and flashlight)
– IR Camera
– Telephony (Calls and Data)
– Video Playback
– HW Crypto (FBE)KNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is permissive
– Many LineageOS features are yet to be ported
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi 8:
- Make sure the device is on MIUI Android Pie based firmware
- ROM Download link of Mi 8 LineageOS 17
- Mi 8 TWRP Download (dipper) for this Mi 8 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi 8 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Mi 8 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi 8 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi 8 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi 8
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition. Also, format data partition after wiping, if the device is running on MIUI firmware.
– Formatting data partition is must to decrypt the data partition first, if coming from MIUI stock firmware. This will delete all data and internal storage.
- Install the Mi 8 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi 8.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Mi 8 (dipper):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi 8, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi 8
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi 8 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 8, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 8, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi 8.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Mi 8 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi 8 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 (dipper) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.