- September 22, 2019 at 6:57 PM #98605Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for HTC U Ultra is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR HTC U Ultra, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra requires an unlock bootloader on HTC U Ultra, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Audio (Top speaker)
– Video Playback
– Touch screen
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Double Tap to Wake (Only supported on DUGL variant for now!)
– Secondary Screen (now it’s working as a “Notch/Cutout” like other devices!, this area is now status bar)KNOWN ISSUES:
– RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Type-C Headphone Audio
– Hardware Encryption
– Stereo Speaker
– GNSS GPS (NOT TESTED)
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 FOR HTC U Ultra?
- Stock Oreo firmware is needed to install LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra
- ROM Download link of HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17.1 and 17
- HTC U Ultra TWRP Download (oce) for this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U Ultra?
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for HTC U Ultra and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC U Ultra– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data, and Cache partition from TWRP.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!))
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra (oce):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra.
How to ROOT HTC U Ultra on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC U Ultra (oce) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.