- September 20, 2019 at 2:17 AM #97971Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for HTC One M7 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR HTC One M7, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7 requires an unlock bootloader on HTC One M7, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
– Hotspot (2.4Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Sensors / Proximity Sensor
– Touch screen
– Audio Playback
– 5G Hotspot
– NFC (Sources problem, will be fixed soon)
– IR Blaster
– GNSS GPSKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera / Camcorder
– FM Radio
– SELinux is Permissive
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 HTC One M7?
- ROM Download link LineageOS 17.1 [ RECOMMENDED ]
- ROM Download link LineageOS 17 [ Updated on October 5th ]
- HTC One M7 TWRP Download (m7) for this HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC One M7?
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM zip and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC One M7– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7 (m7):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on HTC One M7.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for HTC One M7
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC One M7 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC One M7, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC One M7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on HTC One M7.
How to ROOT HTC One M7 on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing HTC One M7 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC One M7 (m7) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.