- October 2, 2019 at 8:14 PM #99260Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for HTC 10 is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on HTC 10 with a step-by-step guide. These LineageOS 17.1 and 17 build for HTC 10 are brought to you by developer fagyi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR HTC 10, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for HTC 10 requires an unlock bootloader on HTC 10, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before prpmeeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– IMS – VOLTE
– SeLinux permissive ( will be fixed when the bugs are fixed )
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 and for HTC 10?
- Stock Oreo firmware is needed to install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on HTC 10
- LineageOS 17.1 Download
LineageOS 17 Download
- HTC 10 TWRP Download (pme) for this HTC 10 LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on HTC 10?
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC 10 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on HTC 10This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 or 17 ROM for HTC 10 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC 10 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC 10– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and prpmeed ahead.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!)If running on HTC Sense UI, then format the data partition to decrypt it. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP!
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Wipe the data, system and Cache partition from TWRP.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the HTC 10 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for HTC 10.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on HTC 10 (pme)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 / 17 for HTC 10, compatible GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for HTC 10
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC 10, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC 10, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC 10.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17 on HTC 10 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting
Where to Download Google Camera for HTC 10 LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera download for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Visit the HTC 10 (pme) page to get updated Google Camera, other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.