- This topic is empty.
April 17, 2020 at 5:27 PM #111132sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 is now official with 50+ supported devices. In the recent update the team has dropped their built-in SU.
Also, if you remember clearly, SuperSU zip is also not supported since few years. So, what now? How to root LineageOS 17.1?
So, the only rooting method left is Magisk.
Required Downloads to Root LineageOS 17.1
To root the LineageOS 17.1 ROM you need to verify few things and need to install few. This list provides all the required resources.
- LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- Magisk Installer Download
- TWRP recovery Download
- Lineage Recovery Download
- Download ADB
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
A Word of Caution before flashing Magisk!
How to verify if you have an A/B device?
Enter to adb shell and execute the below command to know:
adb shell getprop ro.build.ab_update
If it does not return anything, then you have a A-only device.
Poco F1 and almost every Xiaomi phone uses A-only partition.
How to Root LineageOS 17.1?
There might be many ways of rooting LineageOS 17.1, but here I am going to write down only a single method, that is flashing Magisk SU zip using a custom recovery. If you are on an official LineageOS 17.1 then you may consider the Lineage Recovery to flash the Magisk or you can flash using the TWRP recovery.
For now, I don’t have a device with Lineage Recovery, so, I will write down how to flash MagiksSU zip using TWRP.
How to Flash Magisk to Root LineageOS 17.1?
Once ready with the basics, follow the below instructions to install the Mgisk installer zip file
- Download the Magisk Installer zip file to your phone
- Reboot the phone into a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery or Lineage recovery
Connect your phone, and execute the following command on your pc:
adb reboot recovery
- If you have any PIN lock set on the phone then enter the same PIN on the TWRP (if it is asked) to decrypt the phone’s internal storage
- Click Install > Select the Magisk Installer zip file > Swipe to confirm flash
- Once done reboot to system and you are done.
As a part of Magisk installation the Magisk Manager app should have been installed. If not installed for some reason, you can manually install the Magisk Manager APK manually. Use the app to manage Magisk related stuff.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on LineageOS 17.1?
Install the ROOT checker app to verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
That’s all on rooting LineageOS 17.1. Subscribe to this forum for more LineageOS updates. Login to leave a comment if you have any concern on this topic.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.