- This topic is empty.
- May 11, 2020 at 2:00 AM #113127sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s is now available to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s, with a step-by-step guide.
This Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer TheMalachite. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to TheMalachite and LineageOS project:
– Donation link not found for TheMalachite
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s, which may have many bugs.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing the “Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s LineageOS 17.1” requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s, which will VOID your warranty.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: May 9th, 2020)
- Lineage Recovery Download to install this LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s for first timeThis ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the Lineage Recovery to install the “Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock the bootloader, download Lineage from above download link and install and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using Lineage recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s LineageOS 17.1 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using Lineage recovery
- Once done, reboot into the Lineage recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using Lineage recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s –
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using Lineage recovery
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using Lineage recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guideIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned to the Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s (curtana) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.