- This topic is empty.
- March 30, 2020 at 12:26 AM #109961sibaKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Poco X2 / Redmi K30 is now available to download from an build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on the phones with a step-by-step guide.
This Poco X2 / Redmi K30 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer RandomRetard4676. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download supported devices page.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to RandomRetard4676 and LineageOS project:
– Donation link not available for RandomRetard4676
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 which may have many bugs.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing the LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 / Redmi K30 requires an unlock bootloader which will VOID the warranty and delete all data. Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Status of the Poco X2 / Redmi K30 LineageOS 17.1 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is Permissive
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 and for Poco X2 or Redmi K30?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: 28th March 2020)
- Firmware – download it from the above link.
- TWRP for Poco X2 to flash LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 and/or Redmi K30?
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Poco X2 / Redmi K30 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 / Redmi K30This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and install the firmware before installing LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 or Redmi K30.
- Then download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM and the GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install the LineageOS 17.1 custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Poco X2 / Redmi K30.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 / Redmi K30 (phoenix)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 / Redmi K30.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Poco X2 / Redmi K30, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the ROM zip file
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Poco X2 / Redmi K30.– Here is a post explaining how to use ADB sideload using TWRP to install LineageOS 17.1
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 then flash the GApps again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Poco X2 / Redmi K30, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining LineageOS 17.1 Root
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 RootIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for Poco X2 / Redmi K30 LineageOS 17.1?
Visit the following link to get the GCam for Poco X2.
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Poco X2 / Redmi K30 (phoenix) LineageOS forum for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.