- This topic is empty.
- April 18, 2020 at 3:53 PM #111162Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2 Lite is now available to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECTDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2 Lite, which may have many bugs.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing the “Mi A2 Lite LineageOS 17.1” requires an unlock bootloader on Mi A2 Lite, which will VOID your warranty.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2 Lite?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: 13th April 2020)
- TWRP Download to install LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi A2 Lite LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite for first timeThis ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Mi A2 Lite LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock the bootloader, download TWRP from above download link and install and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Mi A2 Lite LineageOS 17.1 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2 Lite.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite –
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2 Lite
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Mi A2 Lite on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Mi A2 Lite you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned to the Mi A2 Lite (daisy) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.