- This topic is empty.
May 11, 2020 at 1:15 AM #113112CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Meizu 16Xs is now available to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to XiNGRZ and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for XiNGRZ
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
Installing the “Meizu 16Xs LineageOS 17.1” requires an unlock bootloader on Meizu 16Xs, which may VOID your warranty.
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Meizu 16Xs, which may not boot at all. Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Meizu 16Xs?
- LineageOS 17.1 download
- Radio image download
- Mokee ROM for Meizu 16Xs
- TWRP download
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Meizu 16Xs LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs for first timeThis ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Unlock the bootloader and flash the TWRP using above guides.
- Download and copy the Mokee zip, LineageOS 17.1 zip, Radio image, GApps zip file to the phone or keep it in PC.
- Then, boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Meizu 16Xs LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock the bootloader, download TWRP from above download link and install and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload or flash the Meizu 16Xs Mokee ROM zip file (this will install the required vendor image)
– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Flash the Radio image zip file using TWRP or ADB Sideload.
- ADB Sideload or flash the LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Meizu 16Xs.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs –
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Meizu 16Xs
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- how to ADB sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Meizu 16Xs on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Meizu 16Xs you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root guideIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned to the Meizu 16Xs (m1926) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.