October 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM #56427
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Redmi 5 Plus. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer rama982.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to rama982 and Lineage OS project:
– No donation link found for rama982
– Donate to LineageOS project
[h3]Status of the Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
– Everything except listed below
– Network Monitor
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 16 ON Redmi 5 Plus:[/h2]
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 5 Plus – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus for the first time:[/h3]
- Download and Copy the Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5 Plus
- Then install the MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus (vince):[/h3]
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5 Plus, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 16 for Redmi 5 Plus.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5 Plus you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5 Plus (vince) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKOctober 29, 2018 at 5:18 PM #58160dennis bettMember
Thanks for the rom. It is really great and can be a daily driver. Here are the bugs I have experienced so far
- Hotspot not working
- No VoLTE
- No Autobrigtness
- Volume setting toggle crushes pip videos
- The navigation bar obstructs full display apps like snapchat
- Usb not being detected by pc
Otherwise this is a great romDecember 2, 2018 at 2:11 PM #61923Bojack zhouMember
goodFebruary 4, 2019 at 5:44 PM #71950March 10, 2019 at 7:38 PM #75051sCidParticipant
the download link for the Rom seems to be down. Would you please be so nice and fix that?
Thank you in advance!March 12, 2019 at 3:47 PM #75199June 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM #91696lionel00Participant
Can you update the links pls?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.