October 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM #56422
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Mi 8. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi 8, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer chachinito and one more build by TryHardDood.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to chachinito, TryHardDood and LineageOS project:
– Donate to TryHardDood
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for chachinito
[h3]Status of the Mi 8 LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 8:[/h2]
- TWRP for Mi 8 (dipper) for this LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Mi 8 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Mi 8 LineageOS 16 by TryHardDood
- ROM download link for Mi 8 LineageOS 16 by chachinito
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 8 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 for the first time:[/h3]
- Download and Copy the Mi 8 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi 8.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi 8
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi 8.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 (dipper):[/h3]
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi 8, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi 8.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 (dipper) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKJanuary 29, 2019 at 4:05 PM #70854不纯节课Member
I want to brush this package tomorrow, I hope there are not too many problems. Amount… ask a support mask?January 30, 2019 at 9:06 AM #71366February 20, 2019 at 11:31 PM #73374Stefan Georgiev AndonovParticipant
I think the explanation about Roll-back protection is not full.
Can we roll back if we need the warranty or not?February 21, 2019 at 2:56 PM #73479
[quote quote=73374]I think the explanation about Roll-back protection is not full.
Can we roll back if we need the warranty or not?[/quote]
Okay, I suggest you to go through the anti rollback protection on xiaomi so that you can understand what does that really mean!
You can always rollback to stock MIUI firmware to claim warranty.
But you need to make sure what is the current anti rollback value on your device using fastboot and what is the rollback index of the MIUI ROM that you are flashing.
You can only flash a MIUI ROM if it’s rollback index is equal to or greater than your device’s current antirollback value.
? GCam APK | Mod APKFebruary 24, 2019 at 9:37 AM #73747YaKs77Participant
Three quick questions.
I see that the ROM is dated from last October. After installation, does it receives any nightly or weekly update from the main branch?
Is it stable enough for a daily use? How is the camera behaving?
Is there any plan to officially support Mi8 ?
Thanks!March 4, 2019 at 5:38 PM #74607
There is no update on the build of chachinito since October.
I have added a new build from TryHardDood which was added last month.
I don’t know the status of the new LineageOS ROM build.
Regarding the OFFICIAL update, recently OFFICIAL Lineage OS 16 has been released for many devices, out of which Mi 8 was not one.
I will update that page when official support is added for an Android phone.
You can visit that page frequently to get updates.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.