- October 2, 2017 at 11:18 PM #25988
Android Oreo 8.0 based LineageOS 15 for Huawei Y635 is now available to download via an EXPERIMENTAL development build. This post provides the download link to the LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Huawei Y635 and guides through the installation process of the same. This Lineage OS 15 Oreo ROM for Huawei Y635 is brought to you by developer CarlosArriagaCM.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then consider a contribution to CarlosArriagaCM:
– Donate to CarlosArriagaCMDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader on Huawei Y635, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. Understand that you are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 15 for Huawei Y635 Oreo 8 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LINEAGEOS 15 for Huawei Y635 OREO CUSTOM ROM INSTALLATION:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE Huawei Y635 TO THE LINEAGE OS 15 BASED ANDROID OREO ROM:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with LineageOS 15 on the Huawei Y635. After the installing the LineageOS 15 ROM, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 on the Huawei Y635 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery.
Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for Huawei Y635 from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Download and Copy the Oreo GApps and the LineageOS 15 ROM ZIP to the phone.
- First flash the Lineage OS 15 for Huawei Y635 Oreo ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy Android Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM on Huawei Y635.
- Boot into Recovery.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for Huawei Y635 (Y635):
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15 ROM.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.