LineageOS 15 for HTC One M8 – Download and installation Guide

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums HTC Device Forums One M8 – m8 LineageOS 15 for HTC One M8 – Download and installation Guide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, LineageOS 15 for HTC One M8 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 Android Oreo ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo devices list page. This Lineage OS 15 for One M8 (m8) is brought to you by developer bgcngm.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

– If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution for bgcngm:
    Donate to bgcngm

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a One M8 (m8) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the One M8 (m8) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – WiFi
    – Bluetooth
    – NFC
    – FM Radio
    – Telephony
    – Audio (Record and Playback)
    – Video Playback
    – Sensors
    – GPS
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Camcorder (workaround: use footej camera app to record video)

Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15 for HTC One M8 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in Lineage OS 15, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is Lineage OS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Lineage OS 15 FOR ONE M8 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for One M8 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for One M8 (m8):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with Lineage OS 15 for One M8. After the installation of Lineage OS 15 for One M8 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC One M8 (m8) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

If you found any BUGs or if you have any concerns on this ROM then here is the dev thread where you may request the resolution.

Linux User
    Participant

I tried this ROM and system didn’t even boot. I kept seeing the boot animation.

Looks like TayX has realized that and removed the build.

Hope he gets us a newer working build soon.

Thanks.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24920]I tried this ROM and system didn’t even boot. I kept seeing the boot animation.

Looks like TayX has realized that and removed the build.

Hope he gets us a newer working build soon.
    [/quote]

Hi Neeraj,

A new build has been added from BGCNGM. You can try that one.

Linux User
    Participant

Looks great. Mobile data and camera don’t work.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25466]Looks great. Mobile data and camera don’t work.

[/quote]
    Confirming about mobile data. Does NOT work. I double checked that all basic settings are good (the phone is not in “airplane mode”, celular data enabled). Also found AT&T support article for setting the APN values and followed it. Rebooted. Wiped cache/Dalvik cache. The mobile data does not work, the signal strength icon shows no signal. However, the voice and text services are working great!
    I have not gotten to test the camera yet since there is no pre-installed camera app and
    I’m cut out of mobile internet.
    Flashlight icon is grayed out and does not engage the flashlight (expected by release warning).
    Bluetooth WORKS!!! (unexpected, the release warning says it should not). Yay!

Everything else is great so far. My 3 years old battery lost 25% of the charge during the day. I used to plug the phone to charge twice a day!

I am using OpenGapps 8.0 unofficial release (the link to official release site shows 7.1 version as highest). Hopefully this mobile data issue is not coming from using opengapps unofficial.

Any suggestions how to fix mobile data or what to expect on that matter?

Anything I can do to help the project? I speak russian and ukrainian, but I’m not a programmer.

Linux User
    Participant

Mobile data already works

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.