October 5, 2017 at 9:17 AM #26155shibaa987Moderator
Android Oreo 8.0 based LineageOS 15 for Honor 5x is now available to download via an EXPERIMENTAL development build. This post provides the download link to the LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Honor 5x and guides through the installation process of the same. This Lineage OS 15 Oreo ROM for Honor 5x is brought to you by developer Gopinaidu and another build is by jsbeyond
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader on Honor 5x, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. Understand that you are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 15 for Honor 5x Oreo 8 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LINEAGEOS 15 for Honor 5x OREO CUSTOM ROM INSTALLATION:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE Honor 5x TO THE LINEAGE OS 15 BASED ANDROID OREO ROM:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with LineageOS 15 on the Honor 5x. After the installing the LineageOS 15 ROM, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15 ROM.
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 on the Honor 5x for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery.
Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for Honor 5x from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Download and Copy the Oreo GApps and the LineageOS 15 ROM ZIP to the phone.
- First flash the Lineage OS 15 for Honor 5x Oreo ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy Android Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM on Honor 5x.
- Boot into Recovery.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for Honor 5x (kiwi):
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSOctober 19, 2017 at 12:50 AM #26495Mahmoud WaleedMember
Nt work in honor x5 Knowing that the device exists system cm 14.1
Plz fixed romOctober 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM #26507shibaa987ModeratorOctober 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM #26514Mahmoud WaleedMember
this rom work in huawei gr5
honor x5 kiw L-21 ????October 27, 2017 at 1:19 AM #26791miltonperezcuMember
None of the two roms works, the 1004 gives error and the 1012 does not boot, please fix it soon, I need to have android oreo in my Honor 5x KIW-L24.October 31, 2017 at 7:44 AM #26913kimo25376Member
Hi all , i want this ROM Oreo for my phone Honor x5 (KIWI L21 ).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.