LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 – Android Oreo Download

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hello guys I made Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU. Find the download link and installation guide of LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5.

DONATION LINK:

Deadsquirrel01 doesn’t take any donations.
    If you like this ROM then you can say Thanks to @Deadsquirrel01

DISCLAIMER:
    I’m not responsible of anything regarding the use you’ll do with this rom:
    flash and use it at you own risk blah blah

LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 Oreo 8 ROM

Status of LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 Oreo ROM Download:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Display (obviously)
    – Wifi
    – Bluetooth
    – RIL: cellular data, calls
    – GPS
    – Audio
    – Camera: Preinstalled camera app can’t take videos. So, download a camera app from play store if you want to take videos (I use footej camera for example)
    – Flashlight
    – All sensors
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – NFC

Changelog of this LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Galaxy A5:

You can find the changelog of this build in the below link:
    https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/lineage-15_a5_releases/blob/master/changelog.txt

Project Details of this LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Galaxy A5:

You can find the project here: https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/lineage-15_a5_releases
    Each release contains a zip with latest lineageos changes of the day when the zip is built and an odin-flashable twrp image which contains latest twrp changes, too

As you can read in project’s readme, jenkins will automatically build a release the 10th day of every month

The zip can be easily ported by creating an “old-style” zip instead of the lineage-built zip with .dat files.

REQUIRED DOWNLOAD LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 OREO ROM:

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5:

Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Download the twrp and lineageos 15 zip from latest release here: https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/lineage-15_a5_releases/releases
    NOTE 1: to see what’s the most recent release just look at the date ;)
    NOTE 2: you need my twrp or any twrp which supports android 8 roms
    – Nougat and older twrp versions won’t be able to be install the rom and will give you an error!
    – So, don’t put your tears on me if you use an old twrp ;)
    Install twrp with odin or extract the tar and install the recovery.img file using terminal or whatever software
    Optional but good: Download and Install Oreo gapps Download for this LineageOS 15 ROM. (Without these, you won’t have google apps like play store or google services!)

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU):

I also made a YouTube video here (sorry for bad quality, I had to compress it :D):
    [LineageOS 15 (Android Oreo) in action on the Galaxy A5]

For any question related to this project (please not stupid ones :D) contact me at:
    m.marcaccini01@gmail.com

That’s all, enjoy Android Oreo via LineageOS 15 on galaxy a5. :)
    if you want to be in touch with the Galaxy A5 dev team then here is the telegram group for Galaxy A5 Dev.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy A5 (A500FU, a5ultexx) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Anything for the A5 2016?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=31335]Anything for the A5 2016?[/quote]

Well, I have not found any LineageOS for the A5 2016 version but here is the LineageOS 15.1 based RR Oreo for Galaxy A5 2016 which you can try.

This is an initial build and make sure you backup everything before trying this one.

Linux User
    Participant

Is it still ok to install it? Project is cancelled after all..

Linux User
    Participant

this rom can be used for Samsung SM-a500f Galaxy A5 ????

Linux User
    Participant

From the first line of this post you can see that this is for Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU

Hello guys I made Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU.

I think @deadsquirrel01 can help you by answering this because he is the developer of this ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

Good job!

it working.

and thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.