- December 27, 2017 at 1:48 AM #30152
Hello guys I made Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU.
Deadsquirrel01 doesn’t take any donations.
If you like this ROM then you can say Thanks to @deadsquirrel01DISCLAIMER:
I’m not responsible of anything regarding the use you’ll do with this rom:
flash and use it at you own risk blah blah
Status of LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 Oreo ROM Download:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Display (obviously)
– RIL: cellular data, calls
– Camera: Preinstalled camera app can’t take videos. So, download a camera app from play store if you want to take videos (I use footej camera for example)
– All sensorsKNOWN ISSUES:
Changelog of this LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Galaxy A5:
You can find the changelog of this build in the below link:
Project Details of this LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Galaxy A5:
You can find the project here: https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/lineage-15_a5_releases
Each release contains a zip with latest lineageos changes of the day when the zip is built and an odin-flashable twrp image which contains latest twrp changes, too
As you can read in project’s readme, jenkins will automatically build a release the 10th day of every month
The zip can be easily ported by creating an “old-style” zip instead of the lineage-built zip with .dat files.
REQUIRED DOWNLOAD LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 OREO ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy A5:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for Galaxy A5 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Download the twrp and lineageos 15 zip from latest release here: https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/lineage-15_a5_releases/releases
NOTE 1: to see what’s the most recent release just look at the date 😉
NOTE 2: you need my twrp or any twrp which supports android 8 roms
– Nougat and older twrp versions won’t be able to be install the rom and will give you an error!
– So, don’t put your tears on me if you use an old twrp 😉
Install twrp with odin or extract the tar and install the recovery.img file using terminal or whatever software
Optional but good: Download and Install Oreo gapps Download for this LineageOS 15 ROM. (Without these, you won’t have google apps like play store or google services!)
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU):
- Copy the latest Galaxy A5 Lineage 15 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS 15 ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then flash the LineageOS 15 Oreo GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
I also made a YouTube video here (sorry for bad quality, I had to compress it :D):
[LineageOS 15 (Android Oreo) in action on the Galaxy A5]
For any question related to this project (please not stupid ones :D) contact me at:
That’s all, enjoy Android Oreo via LineageOS 15 on galaxy a5. 🙂
if you want to be in touch with the Galaxy A5 dev team then here is the telegram group for Galaxy A5 Dev.
Attachments:March 23, 2018 at 10:40 PM #31335
Anything for the A5 2016?March 27, 2018 at 10:29 PM #31685
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.