LineageOS 15.1 Moto G4 / G4 Plus – Android 8.1 Oreo

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Motorola Device Forums Motorola Moto G4 Plus – athene LineageOS 15.1 Moto G4 / G4 Plus – Android 8.1 Oreo

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Siba.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, Moto G4 / G4 Plus LineageOS 15.1 has now arrived via a development build. This LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus is brought to you by developer tywinlannister7, DaanDanzinho96 and one more build is by Nikit.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do consider a contribution to tywinlannister7, DaanDanzinho96, Nikit and/or LineageOS project:
    Donate to Nikit
    Donate to LineageOS project
    – No donation link found for DaanDanzinho96 and tywinlannister7.

If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD, WHICH MAY HAVE FEW BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene) requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

Moto G4 / G4 Plus LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Moto G4 / G4 Plus LineageOS 15.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1 FOR Moto G4 / G4 Plus OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G4 / G4 Plus you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Does will work in moto G4?

Linux User
    Participant

@e_mmanuel

Yes, this LineageOS 15.1 is for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus both the models.

Linux User
    Participant
    Linux User
    Participant

Hola un saludo a todos, soy novato en este tema del root, roms y todo eso, me gustaría hacerle el cambio a mi MOTO G4 XT1625 (versión amazon), sera que este SO es compatible, necesito alguna guía especial para ese modelo? cualquier ayuda es agradecida. Saludos a todos y gracias por su duro desempeño.

English Translation:
    Hello greetings to all, I am a novice in this topic of root, roms and all that, I would like to make the change to my MOTO G4 XT1625 (amazon version), will this OS be compatible, do I need any special guidance for that model? any help is appreciated. Greetings to all and thanks for your hard performance.

Siba
    Keymaster

Thanks for this link. I have added this link to the downloads list.

Linux User
    Participant

what are different between 3 different roms by 3 different developers
    & which one is great or good….

and is the camera is working great in all 3 roms..

thank..

Siba
    Keymaster

May be, someone who has already used all of the different builds can answer.
    I would recommend to use the build from the developer which comes frequently.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.