LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (Style) – Android Oreo 8.1

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Motorola Device Forums Motorola Moto X Pure – clark LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (Style) – Android Oreo 8.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) (clark) is now available to download via an EXPERIMENTAL development build. This post provides the download link to the Android Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) (clark) and guides through the installation process of the same. This LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) is brought to you by developer HashBang.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):

No donation link found for HashBang.

If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 ROM page or the AOSP Oreo ROMs devices list page.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto X Pure (style), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. Understand that you are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) OREO ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS ROM, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style):

Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
    – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
    – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
    – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Boot into Recovery.
      Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for Moto X Pure (style) from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
    • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
      – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
      How to backup all data on your Android Device
      how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
    • Download and Copy the Oreo GApps and the LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP to the phone.
    • First flash the LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM ZIP file from device. Then flash the Oreo GApps zip from your device memory.
      – Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
    • Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
      – Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
    • Reboot and Enjoy Android Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style).

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style) (clark):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1 for Moto X Pure (style). After the installing the LineageOS 15.1 ROM, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1 ROM.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto X Pure (style) (clark) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi HashBang.
    After flash the latest release( my device is a xt1572 DS), I verified when sim cards are not recognized and rear camera not working, only the front camera.

Linux User
    Participant

@shibaa987
    When I can follow release modifications?
    It’s possible hashbang create an changelog for releases stored in android file host?

Linux User
    Participant

Was curious if not being able to use hotspot was an known issue with this version?
    Besides that I love everything about the rom because the battery life seems to do better for me than 14.1. Also I can live without camera use. heh

Linux User
    Participant

@Punkard85
    Any other issue in last release? Sim cards are ok(I have 1572 DS version)?
    Any good news about camera?

Linux User
    Participant

I have the 1575 version. No other annoying issues I can think of. Front camera is the only one that works out of the two.

Linux User
    Participant

problems with bootloader-flash

After testing the last lineageOS-version I wanted to go back to stock-nougat to have a working camera for vacations. However there was a problem with flashing the gpt.bin and bootloader.img. I got a “moto boot prevalidation flash (FAILED) remote failure” as a result. After researching the error on google I read about other people having this problem, but that it is possible to continue without flashing the bootloader. Indeed, the ROM booted succesfully and everything seemed to normal. After a while I noticed that the simcard wouldn’t be recongnized even after several reboots. It turned out that my phone had forgotten it’s IMEI and BASEBAND-numbers (Bootloader: “BASEBAND:<unknown>”, Settings: “IMEI: unknown”) I tried to reflash any of my TWRP-backups and reflashed both the stock- and LOS-ROMs but the SIM would not work again. I’ve read some guides on “how to restore IMEI/Baseband” but they all say “try flashing the stock ROM”. Is there any way of reflashing my current bootloader (version Ax0.52) to flash a full stock ROM or any other way to recover IMEI/Baseband-version?

Linux User
    Participant

After flashing the ROM and GApps using TWRP, I reboot and all that comes up is a blue line with a blue circle going right to left repeatedly. It doesn’t progress further than this, even after multiple reflashes and using different versions of GApps, e.g. stock, full, super, micro. Any ideas why it shows this and how I could successfully boot? Using a 1572 version.

Linux User
    Participant

Looks like it goes into bootloop after every flash.
    Can you flash only the LineageOS ROM file and not the GApps and see if the phone is booting correctly or not?

Linux User
    Participant

hello, is the camera works in the latest rom, thanks for your work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.