- April 17, 2018 at 1:12 AM #32850
Android 8.1 Oreo, LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini is now available via a development build. This LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd/3gxx/ltexx/velte) is brought to you by developer arco68 and the S4 Mini VELTE build is by Danil_e71.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd/3gxx/ltexx/velte) may require an unlocked bootloader, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd/3gxx/ltexx/velte) Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:
Galaxy S4 Mini 3G: serrano3gxx (I9190)
Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM: serranodsdd (I9192)
Galaxy S4 Mini LTE: serranoltexx (I9195)
Galaxy S4 Mini Value Edition: serranovelte (I9195i)WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except fewKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1 FOR Galaxy S4 Mini; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Galaxy S4 Mini LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the custom Recovery.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery. If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (this only works for tar and tar.md5 file types)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy S4 Mini LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Then flash the Oreo 8.1 ARM GApps zip from your phone memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps on TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd/3gxx/ltexx/velte):
- Copy the latest Galaxy S4 Mini Lineage 15.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP that you copied on your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then flash the Lineage 15.1 Oreo GApps package.
(Mostly the GApps is kind of self sustainable across ROM updates. You may need to follow this only If you don’t have Gapps after updating to the latest LineageOS 15.1 on your device.)
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Done. Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.June 20, 2018 at 3:44 AM #38988
My sims cards not work. Please repair this. (i9192)June 20, 2018 at 4:09 AM #38989
Su addon not working. Edit: I solved.June 20, 2018 at 7:28 PM #39009
same problem sim card not workingAugust 1, 2018 at 2:19 PM #41913
I had LINEA working. E crash made that I have to reinstall. I have this error listed trying to install:
Failed to Mount ‘/data’ (invalid argument)
Failed to Mount ‘/System’ (invalid argument)
Failed to Mount ‘/efs’ (invalid argument)
Failed to Mount ‘/persist (invalid argument)
Failed to Mount ‘/preload’ (invalid argument)
What is the problem here ?
I have TWPR 3.2.2-0 installed and working.
SAMSUNG S4 Mini, GT-19195August 1, 2018 at 5:44 PM #41974
Can you wipe the corresponding partitions (/data, /system etc) and see if the problem gets solved?
You may have to take a backup of the partitions (/efs, /persist etc.) before wiping anything from that partition.August 2, 2018 at 1:29 PM #42058
No, the problem is not solved after wipe.
I have FORMAT the system partition and it did not helped.
Is it possible to make a PRINT-SCREEN in TWPR?
SAMSUNG S4 Mini, GT-19195September 24, 2018 at 12:46 AM #52303
Samsung S4 Mini – i9195
Error before flashing: ERROR 7 … Image based supported device is not recognized by target. Target device cannot be identified.
Did I do something wrong? Code maybe faulty? updater-script
assert(getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “serranolte” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “serranolte” ||
getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “serranoltebmc” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “serranoltebmc” ||
getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “serranoltektt” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “serranoltektt” ||
getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “serranoltexx” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “serranoltexx” || abort(“E3004: This package is for device: serranolte,serranoltebmc,serranoltektt,serranoltexx; this device is ” + getprop(“ro.product.device”) + “.”););
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Mike.Zulu.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.