LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 – Android Oreo 8.1 Download

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy NOTE 3 LTE – hlte, SM-N9005 LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 – Android Oreo 8.1 Download

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (n9005) has now arrived via a development build. This LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) is brought to you by developer andr01dfr3ak, haggertk and another build is by EdricChan03.

[su_note note_color=”#D8F1C6″ text_color=”#769958″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]EDIT:
    LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3 is now available from an unofficial build.[/su_note]

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to andr01dfr3ak, haggertk, EdricChan03 and/or LineageOS project:
    Donate to LineageOS project
    – No donation link found for andr01dfr3ak, haggertk, EdricChan03.

If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 page or the AOSP Android Oreo devices list page or the AICP 13 Oreo ROMs list.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS LINEAGEOS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 Oreo ROM Download:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 Oreo ROM Download

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1 FOR Galaxy NOTE 3 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Link to andr01dfr3ak’s NOTE 3 LineageOS 15.1 build is here.

Linux User
    Participant

hello can u fix the update script please.

i get error code 7 wen try to intall onto my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
    wen i remove the furst line into update script i get a other error code 6 how to solve dis one?

Linux User
    Participant

I understand that it’s late to reply, but what’s the exact error do you see?
    Can you send a screenshot or the exact text of the error on screen?

I have added a new build by EdricChan03. You may try that and see if you still get the error?

Linux User
    Participant

Hello! On my device on all firmware 15.1 there is a problem with the rotation of the screen. With any application. Sometimes if it works with a long delay but basically it does not work at all.
    At 14.1 everything works fine. Can you fix it?

Linux User
    Participant

After rebooting the system the screen rotation starts working well. It stops working after the device leaves the sleep mode. And it does not work until the new reboot. It’s possible that the application responsible for screen rotation does not exit from sleep mode. Or it is related to the energy saving mode. Please advise that it is possible to make.

Linux User
    Participant

Is the issue on EdricChan03’s build or haggertk’s build?

Linux User
    Participant

This is a problem for both assemblies. First I installed the assembly haggertk’s lineage-15.1-20180506- then after full wipe and formatting the internal memory I installed the lineage-15.1-20180805-UNOFFICIAL-hlte.zip assembly from EdricChan03’s. Problem still exists.

Linux User
    Participant

Now I found out that the problem of screen rotation all the same is not directly related to the sleep mode. This arises arbitrarily. There is no exact pattern. Also I noticed sometimes when you exit sleep mode all the icons on the desktop are not displayed. If you turn the screen off and then on again the icons appear.

Linux User
    Participant

@igor

I have added a new download link to andr01dfr3ak’s LineageOS 15.1 build for NOTE 3.
    People have reported this build is working fine without any issues for them.

I hope this is stable enough.

Linux User
    Participant

shibaa987 Thank you so much! This assembly works fine!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.