Savitar, one of the GCam dev, raising funds for his father's medical expenses.
Please donate him via GoFundMe or PayPal

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Docomo Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)

• Author
    shibaa987

If you want the same baseband as voidz777, then I guess you need to flash the following firmware:
    http://fws02.updato.com/GALAXYS5/SC-04F/DCM/SC-04F_2_20170808111701_vy1ebxxyn1.zip

(This is a zipped file and you need to extract the firmware file)

You can flash this using ODIN

? Google Camera APK | LineageOS

Yamabushi

OK, so I managed to update my Baseband to the latest version hoping that was to be the fix. Unfortunately, my problem still remains. I still can not get any mobile/cellular/LTE data. WiFi and cellular phone calls work perfectly, FWIW.

What do I do/try now?

shibaa987

Are you sure the hardware has no issues??

Can you get a logcat and dmesg from the ROM which may help @voidz777 to look into??
    Also there is a new build updated by him. Flash that and take the log messages from that ROM instead.

Yamabushi

Thank you for sticking with me on this! I’ll update to the newest ROM today when I am able. How do get the logcat & dmesg?

And, I’m pretty confident that I do not have any hardware issues as all functions of my phone were working perfectly up and until I installed this ROM. Maybe I didn’t install it properly, missed a step or something, but I doubt it is the underlying hardware.

Yamabushi

Updated to the latest ROM, no change. I’ll have a bit of search to see how to get the logcat & dmesg.

Yamabushi

OK, here is my dmesg and logcat logs.

Yamabushi

Success!!!

So I started over from the beginning, paying special attention to the step: Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition. Mobile data/LTE is now fully function as it should be!

Thank you to the developer and everyone that stuck with me on this! Cheers!!

shibaa987

Sounds good now. :)

Yamabushi

Yes, thank you! I couldn’t be happier!

shibaa987

[quote quote=27363]Yes, thank you! I couldn’t be happier![/quote]

All credit goes to @voidz777
    Imagine how much happier would be voidz777 by seeing a happy user of the ROM he ported !!

Happy romming :)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.