LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Docomo Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S5 Docomo – kltedcm LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Docomo Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

If you want the same baseband as voidz777, then I guess you need to flash the following firmware:
    http://fws02.updato.com/GALAXYS5/SC-04F/DCM/SC-04F_2_20170808111701_vy1ebxxyn1.zip

(This is a zipped file and you need to extract the firmware file)

You can flash this using ODIN

Linux User
    Participant

OK, so I managed to update my Baseband to the latest version hoping that was to be the fix. Unfortunately, my problem still remains. I still can not get any mobile/cellular/LTE data. WiFi and cellular phone calls work perfectly, FWIW.

What do I do/try now?

Linux User
    Participant

Are you sure the hardware has no issues??

Can you get a logcat and dmesg from the ROM which may help @voidz777 to look into??
    Also there is a new build updated by him. Flash that and take the log messages from that ROM instead.

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you for sticking with me on this! I’ll update to the newest ROM today when I am able. How do get the logcat & dmesg?

And, I’m pretty confident that I do not have any hardware issues as all functions of my phone were working perfectly up and until I installed this ROM. Maybe I didn’t install it properly, missed a step or something, but I doubt it is the underlying hardware.

Linux User
    Participant

Updated to the latest ROM, no change. I’ll have a bit of search to see how to get the logcat & dmesg.

Linux User
    Participant

OK, here is my dmesg and logcat logs.

Linux User
    Participant

Success!!!

So I started over from the beginning, paying special attention to the step: Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition. Mobile data/LTE is now fully function as it should be!

Thank you to the developer and everyone that stuck with me on this! Cheers!!

Linux User
    Participant

Sounds good now. :)

Linux User
    Participant

Yes, thank you! I couldn’t be happier!

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=27363]Yes, thank you! I couldn’t be happier![/quote]

All credit goes to @voidz777
    Imagine how much happier would be voidz777 by seeing a happy user of the ROM he ported !!

Happy romming :)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.