- August 11, 2017 at 8:49 AM #24316
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 page or the latest LineageOS 15 list of supported devices. This Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by PythonLimited and one more build is by Mad_Johnny.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
No donation link found for PythonLimited and Mad_Johnny.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS PRIMARILY FOR i9301i. OTHER VARIANTS OF S3 NEO MIGHT RUN BUGGY.
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider a complete backup. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.
Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Recovery Installation Guide for Samsung phones to flash a custom recovery on the Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g). (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining Erasing data using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS 14.1 GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 14.1 (s3ve3g):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to update LineageOS.
- Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo (s3ve3g). After the installation of Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 14.1 ROM (s3ve3g) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
LineageOS 14.1 Rooting guide.
If you have found any BUG or have any concerns on this ROM then here is the dev thread link where you can place your concerns.
Attachments:August 12, 2017 at 1:38 AM #24324
Download link is off please fix, thank the developer😢August 12, 2017 at 2:35 AM #24325
Yes, it’s Downlink..August 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM #24374August 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM #24387
Sorry, but firmware is not working.
Tested on Galaxy S3 Duos (i9300i)
Really waiting for the working version, thanksAugust 20, 2017 at 10:52 PM #24405
I downloaded and installed this rom, gapps and google assistant on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (seve3g) and everything Went well.but it didn’t boot up.Lineage please fix this for me and all others who want to get this rom.My humble request. I M EAGERLY WAITING 4 THIS!!!!!! Also 7.0 GApps don’t flash,You have to flash 7.1 GApps.August 21, 2017 at 11:28 PM #24440
I am sad to say that this is not working for me. The phone only show the sign “Samsung Galaxy s3 neo” at the beginning. I have an S3 Neo.August 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM #24455
ya mine was too stuck on the s3 neo screen!It never booted up!Lineage please fix this!!!January 5, 2018 at 1:14 AM #30258
I try to install, but the ROM have too much bugs.
A message error say ‘bluetooth share keep stopping’ continuosly. Many times.
If you install like the guide said, first flash lineage zip, than the gapp without restart, if you don’t have SIM card inside, you can’t go to the next step beacouse lineage configuration keep restart all the time.
If you flash lineage zip only, than restart the phone, you can complete configuration process. Than you restart and install gapp from the recovery, but in any way, if you try to connect wi-fi the ROM go in crash.
Please fix those bugs.January 7, 2018 at 4:35 PM #30286
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.