LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus (i9060i) Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy Grand Neo Plus – grandneove3g, i9060i LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus (i9060i) Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Marshmallow ROM, LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL and OFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROM builds then stay tuned to the LineageOS 13 ROM page and LineageOS 14.1 ROM or the latest LineageOS 15 ROMs page. This LineageOS 13 based on Marshmallow for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus is brought to you by Dev4Perf.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

No donation link found for Dev4Perf.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Grand Neo Plus may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus (i9060i) Marshmallow ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not known

LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 13, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 13
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU ROOT to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Grand Neo Plus LineageOS 13 MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Download and keep the ROM zip file and the GApps file ready before start flashing.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Samsung recovery update guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining How to clear data using TWRP.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
        Take backup of data
        Take a ROM backup

• Then Copy the GApps and LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • First flash the Galaxy Grand Neo Plus LineageOS 13 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
      • DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 13 GApps package.
        – Here is a post explaining flashing Marshmallow GApps.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the Marshmallow LineageOS 13 ROM for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Grand Neo Plus LineageOS 13:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Marshmallow with LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand Neo Plus. After the installation of Galaxy Grand Neo Plus LineageOS 13 ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to ROOT LineageOS 13.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Grand Neo Plus (i9060i) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS 13 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, how are you. How can I fix the startup problem. Since it does not pass the logo of lineage Os. From already thank you very much

Linux User
    Participant

For me it’s working just fine. Great job!

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26512]Hi, how are you. How can I fix the startup problem. Since it does not pass the logo of lineage Os. From already thank you very much[/quote]

As @tequue has confirmed that it is working fine for him, can you re-flash the ROM once more and see if it boots ??

Linux User
    Participant

Now it’s going to Maravilla. Adapt it to the GT-I9060C. And it goes more than good. Very good work. A great greeting

Linux User
    Participant

Merhaba Çok İyi Çalışıyor Ancak Arka Tuş Aydınlatmaları Çalışmıyor Buna Çözüm Bulursanız Sevinirim

Linux User
    Participant

hello I have problems with this rom:
    turns on and off when a message appears or arrives.
    rotation does not work (5 seconds or just started rotation works then stops working.
    every now and then.
    each with the screen lock does not turn on.
    update lineageOS from info signal device “no connection try again later”.
    this gorgeous rom works great thanks thanks thanks.

Linux User
    Participant

Rotation noto working

Linux User
    Participant

Hello, I have a problem installing GApps. It’s Error 70: Insufficient space in system partition. For what I hace found, when flashing the ROM, the system partition shrinks from its oiginal 1162 MB to 673 MB, and the image fills 668 of them, so I understand that the system partition is resized to the size of the image, leaving no room for any apps. I can’t resize system partition from TWRP.

Someone with a similar problem got a solution changing a constant value in here:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/162973/1/BoardConfig.mk

Could it have something to do with it? Is there a way to change it?

Thank you very much! The ROM seemed to work great, but without Google Apps.

Linux User
    Participant

I just found the solution to Error 70:
    1 Reboot in TWRP.
    2 Flash LineageOS ROM.
    3 Go to Terminal in TWRP and type the next:
    [code]cat /etc/fstab[/code] and look for the system partition in /dev (something like /dev/block/mmcblk0p23).
    [code]e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p23[/code], replacing /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 by what you found in last step.
    [code]resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p23[/code], again, replacing it.
    4 Flash your GApps package. You should have more room for it, but maybe you can’t install the “Super” anyway.
    5 Clean Dalvik cache.
    6 Reboot.

It worked for me after several days of looking for a solution. The LineageOS 13 ROM makes my Grand Neo Plus slow, but now it works! Thanks for the ROM.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.