- November 30, 2018 at 12:38 AM #61578
Searching where to download LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL?
Wondering how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL?
If you have one of the question for your Pixel 3 XL, then you are at the right place and here is where to download and how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL, with a step-by-step guide.
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL, with a step-by-step guide.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Pixel 3 XL, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Pixel 3 XL, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Pixel 3 XL:
- TWRP by Mauronofrio for Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch) to flash this LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Pixel 3 XL unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Pixel 3 LineageOS 16 by jorgen2009 (last updated build on 27th March 2019)
- ROM download link for Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 16 by J0SH1X
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Pixel 3 XL – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the dev built LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL ROM zip and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Pixel 3 XL
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Try Google Camera APK, Android Apps and Games for Google Pixel 3 XL:Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:April 1, 2019 at 12:04 PM #77531
I’d like to try out installing and using LineageOS on my Pixel3 XL, but I noticed there is only one build up for crosshatch and it is from November last year, while the blueline builds appear to be weekly up to this week.
Are both of these from the same code base? Is it possible to get a newer build for crosshatch to try out somehow?April 1, 2019 at 4:08 PM #77572
sibaKeymasterApril 4, 2019 at 9:31 PM #77939
<pre class=”moz-quote-pre”>Thank you for the updated download links. I was very excited to try it
out. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get any of these ROMs to boot
past the initial boot “Google” splash screen successfully. Maybe I am
doing something wrong?
Here is a quick rundown of the install approach I’ve tried:
Download latest factory images from:
Use flash-all.sh script in the factory image bundle to flash to first
slot B, and then again repeat after rebooting bootloader to slot A.
Boot to TWRP without flashing it and do Wipe->factory reset (and I’ve
tried with and without formatting data). At this point, I’ve tried with
and without rebooting and coming back into TWRP in the same slot and
proceeding as well as rebooting into the other slot and repeating the
factory wipe and format.
Then I flash the lineage ROM, and try to reboot into it.
I’ve tried with the 20181128 ROM, the 20190327 ROM, and the NOGAPPS
20190401 ROM. None of them get past the “Google” spash screen. The
20181128 one boot loops from the “Google” splash screen, and the other
two appear to just freeze on the splash screen and never get past it.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is there another step I’m missing? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve successfully installed LineageOS onto a Pixel 1 using the official
ROM, and had no difficulties at all. It just booted right up after TWRP
flashed the ROM. But nothing I’ve tried with the Pixel 3 XL seems to
get past the “Google” splash screen. If there is anything else I should
try, please let me know.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.