- November 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM #61471
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer LuK1337.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR OnePlus 6T, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the OnePlus 6T LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON OnePlus 6T:
- TWRP by Mauronofrio | TWRP by helllguest for OnePlus 6T (fajita) to flash this LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T
- How to install TWRP recovery
- OnePlus 6T unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for OnePlus 6T LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON OnePlus 6T – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus 6T LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
– Remove custom encryption pins/passwords else decryption may fail!
- Download and Copy the dev built LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T ROM zip and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 6T
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T (fajita):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6T.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T.
After installing LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus 6T (fajita) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSJanuary 22, 2019 at 9:28 PM #68950KunoKunzParticipant
I’d like to install Lineage 16 on my Oneplus 6T. Unfortunately, the link above is broken. Is there another source? tya
AndréFebruary 16, 2019 at 2:51 AM #72860VlinkZMember
Here’s the link to the rom.
Please update the post, thanks.February 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM #72954September 24, 2019 at 3:15 PM #99008
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.