September 1, 2018 at 8:59 PM #47897GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto X4. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Moto X4 is brought to you by developer erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to erfanoabdi and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for erfanoabdi
Status of the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS 16 ON Moto X4:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto X4 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 (payton):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto X4, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto X4
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto X4.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto X4 (payton) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 8, 2018 at 9:54 AM #48857AdamMember
The download link is dead. Hope someone can re-upload the ROM as I really would like to try this.September 10, 2018 at 1:02 AM #48897GuestModeratorMarch 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM #75128Pedro HenriqueParticipant
Hey, nice OS btw.
I recently have tried it and just noticed little bugs on my phone as:
– notification bar pulling down while scrolling on the widget screen;
– scrolling was bugging a little bit at any screen;
– I had a problem trying to open apks downloaded from chrome. Everytime I downloaded a apk and tried to open it, chrome just crashed. (The only significant bug I found)
– I tried to root my phone, but I had problems with that. I flashed it to the phone using the twrp but when I installed the apk and opened it a message that my phone wasn’t rooted appeared;
I liked the rom, it’s really beatiful. Loved the details.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.