- September 1, 2018 at 8:59 PM #47897shibaa987Participant
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto X4. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Moto X4 is brought to you by developer erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to erfanoabdi and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for erfanoabdi
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto X4, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto X4, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS 16 ON Moto X4:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto X4 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto X4 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto X4
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using paytonium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using paytonium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using paytonium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Moto X4 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 (payton):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto X4, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto X4
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto X4.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto X4.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto X4 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto X4 (payton) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:September 8, 2018 at 9:54 AM #48857AdamMember
The download link is dead. Hope someone can re-upload the ROM as I really would like to try this.September 10, 2018 at 1:02 AM #48897shibaa987ParticipantMarch 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM #75128Pedro HenriqueParticipant
Hey, nice OS btw.
I recently have tried it and just noticed little bugs on my phone as:
– notification bar pulling down while scrolling on the widget screen;
– scrolling was bugging a little bit at any screen;
– I had a problem trying to open apks downloaded from chrome. Everytime I downloaded a apk and tried to open it, chrome just crashed. (The only significant bug I found)
– I tried to root my phone, but I had problems with that. I flashed it to the phone using the twrp but when I installed the apk and opened it a message that my phone wasn’t rooted appeared;
I liked the rom, it’s really beatiful. Loved the details.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.