January 2, 2019 at 1:04 AM #65135sibaKeymaster
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto X Play. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play, with a step-by-step guide. This Moto X Play LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer althafvly.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Moto X Play LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto X Play:
- Moto X Play TWRP Download (lux) for this Moto X Play LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto X Play unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM Download link for Moto X Play LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto X Play – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto X Play LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Moto X Play LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play (lux):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto X Play, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto X Play.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto X Play you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto X Play (lux) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKMay 26, 2019 at 11:03 PM #86890PhyluParticipant
Thinks for the build! It is basically working fine. There are just a few things, I noticed:
– System encryption does not work. It always gives the following error: “The password you entered is correct but unfortunately your data is corrupted”
– Sometimes the screen goes black and the running app has to be closed to continue working
– Sometimes the keyboard does not appear. This happenes mainly on the lock screen and the AOSP keyboard.
– The camera does not work
– The device is really slow sometimes.
If there is any way to help with this build, please let me know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.