- November 18, 2018 at 10:08 PM #60577
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Mi 4c. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Kenga.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Kenga and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Kenga
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Mi 4c, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Mi 4c, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi 4c LineageOS 16 ROM:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 4c:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 4c – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi 4c LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Mi 4c LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Mi 4c
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi 4c
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c (libra):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi 4c, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi 4c.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi 4c you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 4c (libra) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:December 29, 2018 at 6:12 AM #64756
Grym Son (GrymSon)Member
Its my daily driver now 🙂
Problem i found out for now is
– Live Display is not working
Thanks for this amazing build!February 7, 2019 at 11:40 AM #72181
Thank You! >w<
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.