December 22, 2018 at 5:13 PM #64075CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
Good news for Honor 5x users, as you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer coldhans.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to coldhans and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for coldhans
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Honor 5x, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM requires an unlock bootloader on Honor 5x, which has been abandoned now by Huawei.
Because of the above said fact, devices with already unlocked bootloader can only flash this LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Honor 5x LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera can be slow to load after bootup. SOLUTION: Wait for the flashlight qs tile to activate
– HDR photos will crash the default camera app. SOLUTION: Use a third-party camera app for HDR
– Fingerprint sometimes fails to register. SOLUTION: Retry a few times, or reboot if that fails permanently
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Honor 5x:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Honor 5x – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Honor 5x LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Honor 5x LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Honor 5x
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x (kiwi):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Honor 5x (kiwi) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSJuly 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM #93417ali7293Participant
hello .After installation lineageos16 Caller hears echo of himself when calling me on honor5X with Lineageos16 .Have a solution to solve this problem….
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.