December 22, 2018 at 5:13 PM #64075sibaKeymaster
Good news for Honor 5x users, as you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer coldhans.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to coldhans and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for coldhans
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Honor 5x LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera can be slow to load after bootup. SOLUTION: Wait for the flashlight qs tile to activate
– HDR photos will crash the default camera app. SOLUTION: Use a third-party camera app for HDR
– Fingerprint sometimes fails to register. SOLUTION: Retry a few times, or reboot if that fails permanently
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Honor 5x:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Honor 5x – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Honor 5x LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x (kiwi):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Honor 5x.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Honor 5x you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Honor 5x (kiwi) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKJuly 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM #93417ali7293Participant
hello .After installation lineageos16 Caller hears echo of himself when calling me on honor5X with Lineageos16 .Have a solution to solve this problem….
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.