August 28, 2018 at 1:16 PM #46794
As I already told that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 was on the way, but today here it is. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S5 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything (on haggertk’s build)KNOWN ISSUES:
– GPS (on brunowp8’s build as pointed by SwiFtyMcVay)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 (klte):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam Download for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 (klte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSSeptember 3, 2018 at 10:14 PM #481725elementParticipant
Hi, Question: Where I can find the arm32 mindthegapps for the S5-klte. The arm64 version is downloadable, but the arm32 version?
tnx for help, thanks PeterSeptember 6, 2018 at 9:32 AM #48594September 6, 2018 at 11:03 PM #48692__ahnnaf__Member
Baseband issue on s5 g900t. Cannot find the simSeptember 10, 2018 at 2:34 AM #48906September 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM #48907CyberjinMember
it couldn’t find my sim for some reason
thank you for your hard work.September 10, 2018 at 1:31 PM #48908eRieMember
phone did not detect (gsm) sim Card with september, 9th update
switched temporarily back to resurrection remix oreo until telephony is working
thanks for your workSeptember 11, 2018 at 6:45 AM #49065elflordMember
Confirmed no luck on G900I (Aus) here on SIM detection either.
Back to Oreo for now.
Looking forward to LOS16. Thanks for the work.September 14, 2018 at 6:57 AM #49710David ParraMember
Baseband problem in SM-G900M as well, it doesn’t recognize sim. Do you need a log or something?? I mean, if it helps :pSeptember 23, 2018 at 11:08 PM #52300dreaminchildMember
Tried versions of Haggertk (28/08 and 9/09) and Brunowp8 (lineage-16.0.20180920-unofficial-klte.zip). Clean install, after full wipe on Galaxy S5 klte (SM-G900F).
All same result: no sim found. Lots of things working fine, so keep up the good work! I’m back to 15.1 for the moment…
BTW: If you use google as “backup” for apps and system settings: you can’t go back to an earlier version; so if you install 9.0, let google restore all settings and apps, and wait a bit before going back to 8.1, backup won’t restore anymore !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.