October 18, 2018 at 12:29 PM #56418CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
As I already told that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone was on the way, but today here it is. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone is brought to you by developer haggertk.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to haggertk and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for haggertk
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S5 Vodafone may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 Vodafone ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 Vodafone – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 Vodafone LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone (kltedv):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 Vodafone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Vodafone.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Vodafone you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Vodafone (kltedv) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSJanuary 4, 2019 at 9:19 PM #65780
請問,我的手機SM-G900I(kletdv)刷入Lineage OS16後將手機充飽電後重啟手機,電量馬上驟降至92%,換另一個電池情況一樣,換刷入Lineage 15.1也是這種情形,只有刷入android7.1.2情況才正常,請問這是哪方面的問題?可以修復嗎?謝謝!January 4, 2019 at 9:24 PM #65781
我嘗試過許多ROM android8.1或android9.0情況都是如此,只有在android7.1.2情況下正常January 5, 2019 at 10:26 AM #65788
Excuse me, my mobile phone SM-G900I (kletdv) brushed into the Lineage OS16 and then recharged the phone after the phone was fully charged. The battery immediately cooled down to 92%. For another battery case, this is also the case when changing to Lineage 15.1. Only when you brush into android7.1.2 is normal. What is the problem? Can it be fixed? Thank you!January 5, 2019 at 10:27 AM #65789
The above question. Fully charged mobile phone restarts, the power suddenly drops to 92%
I have tried many ROM android8.1 or android9.0 situations are the same, only in the case of android7.1.2 normal
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.