CyanogenMod ROM › Forums › Samsung Device Forums › Galaxy S5 Mini – kminilte, G800H, G800F, G800M, G800Y › LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini – Android Pie 9.0
- November 18, 2018 at 11:55 PM #60591
As I already told that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini was on the way, but today here it is. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini is brought to you by developer Spookcity138.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S5 Mini may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 Mini ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 Mini – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 25, 2019 at 10:50 PM #76918
Running nicely on my ancient SM-G800F, good work!
OTOH, the phone does feel even more RAM-starved now, which I have been able to mitigate to some extent by using the well-known “low-ram” build-properties (following this and this) and ruthless energy-management (greenify/amplify on top of EdXposed) to have as few apps running as possible. I would have liked to try zRam after reading the Google link and the surprising report on its benefits – but could not find the zram device. So I request …
- adding the zram driver (top priority)
- adding support for /proc/config.gz (so one knows what the kernel has)
- (maybe)adding support for kernel modules – so at least one can use lsmod et al – and maybe add modules.
- (maybe)activating the low-ram settings by default
Regards, MartinMarch 31, 2019 at 5:57 PM #77464
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.