November 18, 2018 at 11:55 PM #60591sibaKeymaster
As I already told that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini was on the way, but today here it is. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini is brought to you by developer Spookcity138.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 Mini ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 Mini – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Mini.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Mini you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKMarch 25, 2019 at 10:50 PM #76918Martin AnantharamanParticipant
Running nicely on my ancient SM-G800F, good work!
OTOH, the phone does feel even more RAM-starved now, which I have been able to mitigate to some extent by using the well-known “low-ram” build-properties (following this and this) and ruthless energy-management (greenify/amplify on top of EdXposed) to have as few apps running as possible. I would have liked to try zRam after reading the Google link and the surprising report on its benefits – but could not find the zram device. So I request …
- adding the zram driver (top priority)
- adding support for /proc/config.gz (so one knows what the kernel has)
- (maybe)adding support for kernel modules – so at least one can use lsmod et al – and maybe add modules.
- (maybe)activating the low-ram settings by default
Regards, MartinMarch 31, 2019 at 5:57 PM #77464Martin AnantharamanParticipantNovember 6, 2019 at 10:43 PM #100940RoflcopterParticipant
I miss a troubleshooting part because I get error 7 every time I try to install the OS.
Also in the Gapps articles there’s no help what to download. I can only guess that the s5 mini uses a 32bit system.November 6, 2019 at 11:12 PM #100941RoflcopterParticipant
Thank you Martin for the links. I tried again with recent files (as in twrp-3.3.1-0-kminilte.img.tar ; lineage-16.0-20191015-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte.zip ; open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20191106.zip [pico is just the Playstore]) and now it worked.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.