LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 – Android Oreo

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Motorola Device Forums Moto G 2014 – titan LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 – Android Oreo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, Moto G 2014 LineageOS 15 has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo LineageOS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 is brought to you by developer LuK1337 and luca020400.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do consider a contribution to LuK1337 and luca020400 for his efforts:
    Donate to LuK1337
    Donate to luca020400

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G 2014 (titan) requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G 2014 (titan), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Motorola Moto G 2014 LineageOS 15 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Boots
    – RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    – Wifi
    – Bluetooth
    – Video Playback
    – Audio ( Record and Playback )
    – Sensors
    – Flash
    – Led
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Camera
    – SELinux is permissive

Motorola Moto G 2014 LineageOS 15 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR MOTO G 2014 LINEAGEOS 15 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15 FOR Moto G 2014 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 (titan):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014. After the installation of LineageOS 15 for Moto G 2014 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G 2014 (titan) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.

If you find any BUGs or if you have any issues on this ROM then here is the development thread.

Linux User
    Participant

Presently I am on Lineage OS 14.1 on my Moto G Titan (“lineage14.1-20171013-nightly-titan-signed.zip). When I tried to install the “lineage-15.0-20171012-UNOFFICIAL-titan” ROm on my Moto G Titan, I aam getting “Error: This package is for devices: titan, titan_umts, titan_udstv, titan_umtsds, titan_retaildsds, XT1068, XT1064, XT1063, XT1069; this device is .” and the update process ended with ERROR: 7. Can you kindly guide me how to upgdate my Moto G Titan with Lineage OS 15.0.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    G Palaniappan

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26413]Can you kindly guide me how to upgdate my Moto G Titan with Lineage OS 15.0.
    Thanks for the help.
    Regards, G Palaniappan
    [/quote]

Are you using the TWRP given in the Downloads link of this page ??

Linux User
    Participant

Any update on this ROM? or Does it have any chances to get fixed in near future?

Please either +ve or -ve.

Linux User
    Participant

Moto G 2014 is a bit old device and LuK1337, luca020400 (and of course other devs) are the key developer of the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for Moto G 2014.

If you see from the list of developed ROMs by LuK1337, it seems he is moving more towards the newer phones.

I see the last Lineage OS 15.1 build for Moto G 2014 was on 13th March 2018.
    From this I can tell you that it’s more probable that there would be no further development on this unless some other developer takes control.

This post is for Lineage OS 15 build which is a bit older.
    On the Lineage OS 15.1 for Moto G 2014, I see one user has reported that the Video Recording also works flawless on this device and on the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM build.

But ultimately you have to try that and see how things are on this build.
    Else, you can wait for some other users to write about their experience on this ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

@shibaa987 Thank you for the update, I’ll try 15.1 build once.

Linux User
    Participant

Also, What do I see is, build 14.1 still getting regular nightly updates!

Linux User
    Participant

If you are talking of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 then I will say these are automated builds.
    Even if there is no code changes made, the build will continue every week.

I did not see any code change made neither to titan (codename for Moto G 2014) device tree nor to the kernel in last couple of months.

Linux User
    Participant

Sorry out of the main topic here, but seems mysterious, How come these changes arrives (attached screen shot)

`
    Jelly: Show a Snackbar when removing an HistoryItem
    android_packages_apps_Jelly
    libgralloc: Fix adding offset to the mapped base address
    android_hardware_qcom_display
    DO NOT MERGE SMP: Validate remote elliptic curve points
    android_system_bt
    Telephony: Get rid of build warnings
    android_packages_services_Telephony
    Remove unnecessary casts in postUpdateSlider()
    android_frameworks_base
    Revert “config: Remove 7z lib7z unrar unzip zip makefile entries”
    android_vendor_cm
    Fix the “Alarm volume” icon is displayed incorrectly
    android_frameworks_base
    PhoneWindowManager: Allow torch and track skip during ambient display
    android_frameworks_base
    init.rc: move load_system_props to beginning of ‘on fs’
    android_system_core
    Fix wrong peek height of the notification panel
    android_frameworks_base
    `

Linux User
    Participant

Hey,

My dads Motorola G2 got stuck in a bootloop on original software last month, so i took it and through the easyinstaller for this device gave it a factory reset and all was well again.

Now is this device still on android 6.0 and i’m trying to figure out if i can update this device manually. it’s been a few years since i stopped playing with android phones and trying different ROMs, and frankly i can’t see the forest through the trees here. Ican find some different version here, an older cyanogen mod and some versions of lineage OS, there are some builds but i don’t see many updates for it and have no idea if it’ll work anyting near stable. i want to upgrade, but i also want a pretty hassle-free version, is the only solution staying at stock android 6.0? Or are there good/official/fairly bug free versions for the motorola D2 (titan)?

tanks for any advice,

Nicky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.