- September 5, 2017 at 9:53 AM #24971
Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, Moto E 2015 LTE LineageOS 15 has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL Lineage OS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015 LTE is brought to you by ElDainosor and another build is by DroidFreak
This LineageOS 15 is for Moto E 2015 LTE model. If you are looking for the non-LTE model then here is the LineageOS 15 for MOto E 2015 (otus).
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this ROM then do contribute to ElDainosor and DroidFreak for his hard work:
– Donate to ElDainosor
– No donation link found for DroidFreakDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD AND HAS MANY MORE BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Motorola Moto E LTE 2015 Lineage OS 15 Oreo 8 ROM (of ElDainosor’s build):WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
– Video PlaybackKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Moto E 2015 LTE LINEAGEOS 15 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Lineage OS 15 FOR Moto E 2015 LTE OREO CUSTOM ROM:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015 LTE. After the installation of LineageOS 15 for Moto E 2015 LTE you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for Moto E 2015 LTE for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Moto E 2015 LTE LineageOS 15 ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Moto E 2015 LTE (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Moto E 2015 LTE Lineage OS 15 ROM ZIP from device.
DO NOT REBOOT after this. Then flash the GApps zip from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Oreo 8.0 LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto E 2015 LTE.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia):
- Copy the latest Moto E 2015 LTE Lineage 15 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS 15 ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then flash the Lineage 15 Oreo GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.September 10, 2017 at 12:38 AM #25123
Good day, collegue:
There is a bug after clean install (without Gapps), my device is already rooted and unlocked… It stays at Android logo, and doesn’t start, even after a 30 minutes wait.
I have to reinstall AOSP Extended or Lineage 14, to work again.
Please advise, if there is a fix or update.
Greetings from Mexico.September 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM #25215
Me pasa lo mismo que el comerntario de IGARCIA , hago los wipes correspondientes, flasheo la room Lieage OS 15 – OREO en mi Moto E2 LTE – Surnia XT1527 y sin GAPPS y sin flashear el ROOT reinicio y se queda en el logo de motorola en el BOOTLOGO para ser especifico y de ahi no pasa, pobre flasheando con las GAPPS correspondientes y se queda igual, este es un muy buen proyecto pero agradeceria que solucionaran ese problema ya que practicamente ni el encendido de la room se pude aprecias.
Avisar si hay nueva actualizacion y gracias nuevamente .
Saludos desde Perú.September 11, 2017 at 11:18 AM #25216
I pass the same thing as the comartario of IGARCIA, I make the corresponding wipes, flasheo the room Lieage OS 15 – OREO in my Moto E2 LTE – Surnia XT1527 and without GAPPS and without flashing the ROOT reboot and stays in the motorola logo in the BOOTLOGO to be specific and from there it does not happen, poor flashing with the corresponding GAPPS and it stays the same, this is a very good project but I would appreciate that they solve that problem since practically nor the ignition of the room could be appreciated.
Notify me if there is a new update and thanks again.
Greetings from Peru.September 15, 2017 at 1:16 AM #25276November 4, 2017 at 8:59 PM #27184
It has the updates support in “info”? Or everytime there’s an update we must download and flash it manually? (i mean the one in the attachment)
Attachments:November 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM #27191November 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM #27196
These builds may have “check for updates” link but I think it will be just void. These are unofficially built ROMs which I think must be downloaded manually from the provided link and updated via custom recovery (TWRP).
And once the official build comes out i can update from the unofficial build to the official (nightly) build without staring over again? And i’m wondering if i can update from lineage os 14.1 to 15.0 without losing anything or i need to star over 🙁November 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM #27212
Yes you can update from unofficial to official easily without starting over.
But you need to go for a clean flash while updating from Lineage OS 14.1 to Lineage OS 15.
Many guys even do a dirty flash (they don’t erase Lineage OS 14.1 and flash Lineage OS 15) but this may introduce to more problems.
Personally I would recommend to go for clean flash while updating to a newer Android version.April 1, 2018 at 8:54 PM #31882
Hi, is offical lineageos (oreo) 15.1 coming to surnia soon, cause it seems to be dead????
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.