- June 13, 2018 at 7:19 PM #38696
If you are looking to install/update LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 6, then it’s now available via a development build. This Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus 6 (enchilada) is brought to you by developer phhusson.
Thanks to Exelios for finding the proper sequence of flashing the images to get Lineage OS 15.1 working on OnePlus 6.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus 6 (enchilada) Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Night screen filter
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 6 ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Lineage OS 15.1 ON ONEPLUS 6; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
Make sure you have already installed the TWRP image for OnePlus 6 following the above guide.
Which means, you have already installed Fastboot, unlocked bootloader and you have a TWRP recovery installed on OnePlus 6.
Well, to be able to flash Lineage OS 15.1 on OnePlus 6, you don’t need the TWRP recovery. But after that you may need that to install the ROOT package for which you need a TWRP.
- Take a backup before flashing LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 6.You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Then boot the OnePlus 6 into bootloader mode.You may go to bootloader mode using adb reboot bootloader command or by pressing appropriate button combination while restarting the phone.
- Install the vbmeta.img file followed by the Lineage OS 15.1 GSI system.img file.- Execute the following command while the OnePlus 6 is in bootloader mode:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash system system.img
- Gapps is already built-in to the LineageOS GSI so you don’t need that to be flashed.
Just reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 on OnePlus 6.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with Lineage OS 15.1 on OnePlus 6. After the installation of Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus 6 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
If you have any concern or have found any BUG on the ROM then here is the source xda thread.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.