- April 30, 2018 at 2:10 PM #33837
Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL Lineage OS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 15 ROM page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo is brought to you by Innfinite4evr and one more build is by althafvly.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this ROM then do contribute to andersonmends for his hard work then you can transfer him via paytm. Following is his paytm QR code: http://i.imgur.com/KT9qBoH.jpgDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G Turbo (merlin) requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G Turbo (merlin), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Motorola Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 Oreo 8 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1.1 FOR Moto G Turbo OREO CUSTOM ROM:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Moto G Turbo (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Oreo 8 LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Moto G Turbo.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo (merlin):
- Copy the latest Moto G Turbo Lineage 15 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then flash the Lineage 15 Oreo GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Oreo GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.