- June 7, 2018 at 2:11 PM #38419shibaa987Moderator
If you are looking to install/update LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3, then it’s now available via a development build. This LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3 (d855) is brought to you by developer HardStyl3r.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM (d855) may require an unlock bootloader on LG G3, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3 (d855) Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3 ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 15.1 FOR LG G3; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on LG G3 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LG G3 LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First install the LG G3 LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Then install the Oreo 8.1 ARM64 GApps zip from your phone memory.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on LG G3.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on LG G3 (d855):
- Copy the latest LG G3 LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 ROM on LG G3.
- Install the LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP that you copied on your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the LineageOS 15.1 GApps package.
(Mostly the GApps is kind of self sustainable across ROM updates. You may need to follow this only If you don’t have Gapps after updating to the latest LineageOS 15.1 on your device.)- Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Done. Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 on LG G3. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for LG G3 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS Download
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.